When it comes to driving, it’s pretty important that you’re able to feel like you can get from Point A to Point B safely. Nobody likes to feel nervous while they’re on the road, and if you’re trying to drive somewhere you definitely want to make sure that you’re safe while you’re doing it. Some roads make it pretty tough to do that, however. We’ve all heard of that famous German road without any posted speed limits, but there some other places where driving can be considerably dangerous. If you’re thinking about traveling, you are going to want to make sure that you’re going to a place with safe roads that you’ll be able to easily navigate. When you’re getting ready to take a trip, there are a lot of places that you might find yourself visiting. Some of these places, though, are home to some of the toughest roads in the entire world. We’ll talk about five roads that will make sure you use extra caution.
1. North Yungas Road, Bolivia. If you’re wondering about how dangerous this road might be, you need only consider its nickname. This road is often referred to as “Death Road” by natives, because of some reasons that are probably pretty obvious. This road is about 70 miles long and leads out of Bolivia’s capital through the Yungas region. You’ve got to be very careful when you’re driving — there are even markers placed to indicate where lots of cars have fallen off the road.
2. Guoliang Tunnel Road, China. It’s really not uncommon for travelers to have a tough time driving when they’re visiting another country. The customs and road culture can be a lot different than they are in your hometown, and this can make getting around pretty tough. What makes it a lot tougher, though, is when you have to use a crazy road that’s basically been carved out of a hillside in China. This inccredibly treacherous road is a tunnel that was cut into the Chinese landscape in a pertty amazing feat of road engineering.
3. The Road to Yakutsk, Russia. If you’re familiar with YouTube, you’ve probably seen your fair share of the crazy things that can happen on the road when you’re in Russia. This particular road is one of the most dangerous in the world, though. It’s covered with snow and ice during the winter, which is about 10 months long, and is subject to seriously reduced visibility at the same time.
4. James Dalton Highway, Alaska. Alaska probably doesn’t sound like a great place for driving, and the James Dalton Highway is very possibly the reason why. It’s over 400 miles long and it’s made almost entirely out of gravel. Combine these things with the fact that it’s covered in ice and snow for most of the year, and you’ve got a sufficiently dangerous road, indeed.
5. The A682 Road, England. This road is thought by many to be the absolute worst in all of England, and has claimed over a hundred casualties over the course of the past decade. If you find yourself across the pond, you definitely want to make sure that you can avoid this particular stretch of road.